Guasacaca is a popular condiment in Venezuela made from mashed and seasoned avocados. It is very similar to Mexican guacamole. Serve guasacaca as an accompaniment to grilled meats, poultry, salads, empanadas or arepas. From whats4eats. I have tweaked the recipe just a little.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (can use green onion if you prefer)
- 2 -6 hot chili peppers, finely chopped (or 2-3 tsp. hot sauce to taste)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil (can reduce the oil or leave out to your liking)
- 1/8-1/4 cup vinegar, to taste (or lemon juice)
- 1Chop the avocados roughly and place them in a large bowl. Mash them well with the back of a spoon or with a potato masher, leaving them slightly chunky.
- 2Stir in the rest of the ingredients, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guasacaca(Venezuelan Spicy Avocado Salsa)
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.1
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g