Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Guasacaca is a popular condiment in Venezuela made from mashed and seasoned avocados. It is very similar to Mexican guacamole. Serve guasacaca as an accompaniment to grilled meats, poultry, salads, empanadas or arepas. From whats4eats. I have tweaked the recipe just a little.
- 3 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped (can use green onion if you prefer)
- 2 -6 hot chili peppers, finely chopped (or 2-3 tsp. hot sauce to taste)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil (can reduce the oil or leave out to your liking)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup vinegar, to taste (or lemon juice)
- Chop the avocados roughly and place them in a large bowl. Mash them well with the back of a spoon or with a potato masher, leaving them slightly chunky.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.