Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is like a relish that can be served with baked corn chips or sauteed plantains. This salsa has a touch of European flair from the Dijon. Please allow 3 hours to let the flavors marry before adding the final ingredients. From Cooking Light June 2008.
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (1 small)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled avocados (about 2)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss mixture gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Stir in avocado and remaining ingredients just before serving.
This was unbelievably delish! I round up mixing this up to much, but the taste was just so spot on. I love the use of red bell pepper, jalapeno, fresh cilantro, of course the tomatoes and hot pepper sauce. I used plantain chips and white corn chips for dipping. The vinegar and mustard give this such a nice kick coupled with the jalapeno, this was right up my alley. I wish I had another avocado! I plan to make this relish during the whole summer as it will does justice to all the ingredients. Thank you, cookie! We did wait the 3 hours, but gosh, I could of eaten the whole thing sooner! Made for *ZWT4* June 2008.
Absolutely amazing salsa. Everything works with these ingredients. WONDERFUL. For ZWT.