1/4 Photos of Guardians Famous Donuts
Gaurdian Gabriel's Note:
Try these you won't be sorry, these are my famous homemade donuts. They are quick and easy to make and taste incredible . Wonderful, plain, or rolled in white sugar, powdered sugar or cocoa and utterly delicious when drizzled with a simple vanilla glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the shortening, sugar and egg yolks.
- 2In a second bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- 3Stir into the first mixture alternating with 1 cup milk.
- 4Hand dough as little as possible, stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 5Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on a floured cloth covered surface and let.
- 6stand for about 15 minutes.
- 7Heat fat to 370° degrees.
- 8There should be at least 1 1/2 inches of fat in the deep fryer.
- 9The fat is ready when a doughnut center browns in about 1 minute.
- 10Keep the temperature as steady as possible.
- 11Cut the doughnuts out with a floured 2 1/2 or 3-inch doughnut cutter.
- 12Fry the doughnuts in the hot fat, turning carefully with a wooden spoon handle when the first crack appears.
- 13Continue cooking and turning until nicely browned, this will take about 1 1/2 minute total frying time.
- 14Drain doughnuts on brown paper or on paper towels.
- 15This recipe makes about 2 dozen doughnuts.
- 16Roll in your favorite topping or serve plain.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guardians Famous Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g