Recipe by Sherrie-pie
I made this years ago. Dead easy, looks impressive and tastes great. My kind of recipe. Lost all my precious recipes, including this one, and I found on clearing out the attic five years later, a shopping bag full of lost papers. I'm delighted to share this with you. Originally from BEST magazine.
- 2 racks of lamb, each with 5 cutlets,trimmed
- 225 g no-soak apricots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 30 ml chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 25 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Using a sharp knife, trim away any fat or meat about 5cm down from the cutlet tips.
- Scrape the bones clean with a knife.
- Next, interlock the cutlets to create a joint and secure with string.
- Place in a roasting tin.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients until well combined, then place the stuffing in the centre of the joint, pressing in well.
- Roast for about 55 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove the joint from the oven.
- Leave to rest for approximately 15 minutes in a warm place, then transfer to a warmed serving plate and garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs before serving.