Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Seriously folks! This is the best banana cake you will ever have. It is super moist with a crunchy buttery/sugary topping. I had to twist an arm to get this secret family recipe from a co-worker. She would kill me if she knew I was going to share it with the rest of the world. You have tried the others, now try the best.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add sugar, flour, and cube of butter into small mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into sugar/flour mixture with pastery cutter.
- Spray bundt pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Put butter/flour/sugar mixture into bottom of bundt pan evenly.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl add bananas and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Using mixer, blend for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour cake mixture into bundt pan on top of first layer.
- Follow the baking directions on the box of cake mix.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove cake from oven after tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cake stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place cake plate on bottom of bundt pan and carefully flip over.
- Remove bundt pan.
- Let cool and enjoy!
What a pretty cake! I had reservations about just dumping all that topping into the bottom of a bundt pan--what did SkylerFox get me into? No need to worry--a wonderful layered crust forms, providing just the right amount of sugary sweetness to a less sweet, but tasty banana cake layer. I would enjoy eating either part separately, but together they are the perfect combination. Five stars for easy, attractive and tasty.
I made this for PAC 2012. The cake part itself was really good, but a little too sweet for me, but just right for my husband who scarfed it up after getting back from a long trip. I didn't care for the topping. It caramelized and hardened so I couldn't even cut through it. Next time I make this I will make the topping and heat it on the stove and drizzle it over the cake after it's done. Thanks for posting this recipe!