1/1 Photo of Guamanian Pudding Dessert
I used to have co-worker who was Guamanian and she made the most delicious foods. She often brought her Guamanian Pudding to work parties as a treat. Well, I never did get the recipe from her, but I was delighted to find this version in a community cookbook. Once I tried it, I knew I had found the right recipe. You may use homemade or storebought slices of pound cake for the base of this dessert, whichever you prefer. Note: Plan ahead when preparing this, as it requires time to chill the pudding before you can assemble the dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine 1 2/3 cups water, evaporated milk, margarine, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- 2Mix together the cornstarch and the 1/3 cup water; add to the mixture in the pan.
- 3Heat over medium-low (about#3-4 on an electric stove), stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken and has developed a pudding texture (it will coat the back of a wooden spoon)- this takes about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Chill in a covered bowl in the fridge until cool- pudding should thicken a bit when cool.
- 5Line a 9x13" glass casserole dish with thin slices of pound cake, fitting the slices in so the entire pan base is covered.
- 6Spread the pudding over the pound cake.
- 7Dust entire surface with ground cinnamon.
- 8Chill, covered, at least 1 hour and until ready to serve.
- 9Notes: This pudding doesn't harden up as much as other puddings- it thickens, but retains a soft, slightly pourable consistency like a trifle custard or like zabaglione.
- 10This dessert will not have a"tall" appearance- make sure your cake slices are cut only about 1/4-1/2" thick.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guamanian Pudding Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Carnation Evaporated Milk