Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Guam's Favorite Recipes. I would do a sour relish if I made this but traditionally they like sweet. Posted for ZWT 7.
- 5 large russet potatoes (skinned, boiled until tender)
- 5 hard-boiled eggs (more, if you like yours eggy)
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (canned, diced)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pimiento (jar or canned, diced thinly)
- salt and pepper
- Dice the boiled potatoes and hard-boiled eggs. Mix together, but don't mash.
- In a separate bowl, add relish, olives, mayonnaise and pimentos.
- Add to potatoes and eggs and mix it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Avoid mashing the potatoes, but it isn't bad if you do.
- The taste is delicious.
- Garnish with sliced black olives.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Very nice "no-crunchy-stuff" potato salad. I thought the sweet relish was a good balance for the olives. It tastes better the longer it chills. Thanx for posting!
I added another egg, because we do like ours eggy. Very pleasant, and a good dish to bring to a barbecue or potluck. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT Witchin Kitchen Pacific Island Challenge.
This was a very simple salad, yet very good. Instead of pimiento, I used roasted red bell peppers(basically the same thing). I liked the sweet relish in it. Just right. Thanks!