Recipe by 911spatcher
When I was little my aunt used to make this when I came to visit. It is so easy to make and delicious. It makes a lot so you can separate it out into tow 8x8 pans and freeze one for later.
Top Review by Mean Mary
Back in the mid 1970's this was also known as "What is it?" I have made it a number of times, always with great results. My favorite way is to use Coconut pudding and sprinkle with toasted coconut over the top....YUMMMMM
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Cool Whip
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust:.
- Finely crumble the butter and flour together. Add chopped nuts and mix together. Grease 9x13 pan and pat into the bottom. Bake 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and cool whip. Whip with electric mixer until smooth. Spread on the crust.
- Mix together the pudding mixes and milk, beat until thickened. Spread the pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture. It works best to drop large dollops of pudding in various spots and then smooth out.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on top of the pudding and garnish with chocolate curls.
- Refrigerate to set. Cut and serve. Can freeze for several months.