1 hr 20 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I learned this recipe from a friend in Mexico,Miss Lola Ortiz.This is a make ahead recipe, better if made in the morning, refrigerated and then baked for supper.She used to laugh when I struggled to make my first tortillas with Masa Harina Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 large corn tortillas
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 white onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies or 2 (4 ounce) cans diced jalapeno peppers
- 10 slices pre cooked bacon, diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1In large frying pan, add vegetable oil and diced onion, fry until translucent, then add chicken. Sprinkle with cumin.
- 2Toss and saute about five minutes. Set side.
- 3In 9 X 13 pan grease with margarine.
- 4In large saucepan, add tomatoes, green chilies or Jalapeno chilies, bacon, cream of chicken soup, chili powder, cayenne pepper and milk.
- 5Stir to mix and heat on low heat.
- 6Fill each tortilla with hot chicken and onions, about two tablespoons. Roll up and place in pan. Make a complete layer on the bottom of the pan.
- 7Dip out about 2 1/2 cups sauce and spices mixture and cover over the layer. Fill tortillas with another layer on top. Dip out sauce and spices and cover the second layer. Do this again with a third layer. It will probably not be complete. Space it out over the length of the pan. Cover with the balance of the sauce. Cover. Refrigerate or Bake.
- 8Preheat oven 350*.
- 9Bake 25 to 30 minutes Allow 10 to 15 extra minutes if refrigerated.
- 10Take out of oven. Uncover. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover. Let set 10 minutes.
- 11Serve with a Spatula and Spoon for the sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guadalajara Chicken Taquito Bake
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 1440.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.0 g