- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sumaq
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and crushed or 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 tablespoons sesame butter or 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely minced white onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- lemon, slice
- chili powder (not the mix, just the dried pulverized chile itself)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, in order given mash all ingredients together with a fork. Mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Season to taste before serving. Garnish with a lemon slice and a dash of dried chili powder on top if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita crisps, french bread, cut up veggies, etc.