Recipe by GulfCoastGal
A new take on typical guacamole recipes, adding saltine crackers, swiss cheese, and onions. A favorite prepared by my dad for years. Sounds weird, but the flavors go great with each other!
- 2 (4 ounce) packages saltine crackers
- 1 (10 ounce) package swiss cheese
- 2 Hass avocadoes (ripe)
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (use Hellman's, it's better)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the avocados in half length-wise; discard the pit.
- Scoop out the avocado, and put into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, and mash well with a fork. Add the mayo and salt & pepper.
- Chop 1/2 a red onion finely and add to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together well (mashing again to make sure it's well mixed).
- Cut the swiss cheese into 2" square pieces.
- Assemble your crackers.
- Layer a saltine, a tsp of the guacamole mix, and a piece of the swiss cheese.