Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's magic because it just DISAPPEARS right after you put it out! Serve with nacho chips or as a side with most Mexican or Southwest-style dishes. I have even used this as a sandwich spread.
- 5 ripe avocados
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml chopped red onion
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 113.39 g can chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro leaves (coriander)
- In a bowl, mash avacados until you have a still slightly chunky puree.
- Fold in tomato, sour cream and red onion.
- Stir in lime juice, garlic, cilantro and season with salt to taste.
- Chill and serve with corn chips or nacho chips.
I used low fat sour cream and it tasted great. The secret is to leave the avocado somewhat chunky, in my opinion. I put the pit in the bowl with the dip so it would not brown. Thanks Martha!
This is a great guacamole, I also used lite sour cream and only had 4 avocados. I went to a 'south of the border' party and took this along with chili con queso and corn chips..everyone loved both dips, thanks for sharing.