1/5 Photos of Guacamole With Sour Cream
My guacamole is very free-form, but here are the basics: Figure about 1/2 large avocado per person. I don't care whether I'm using Haas or regular avocados - some people do. Pick ones that give to mild pressure but are not mushy. If you can't find any that are ripe, get hard ones and keep them in a paper bag for a couple of days until they ripen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large avocado, scooped out of shell and mashed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (note, some people find it vile) or 1 teaspoon parsley (note, some people find it vile)
- 1 tablespoon tomato, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons black olives, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt, use less if you'll refrigerate (you shouldn't need much)
- 1Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the flesh with a spoon; mash 3/4 of it well and chop the remaining 1/4 coarsely (I do this with the spoon, in the avocado shell, before scooping the last bit out).
- 2Mix it into the mashed portion.
- 3Mix all remaining ingredients together.
- 4Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap firmly to surface of guacamole (or it will turn color due to oxidation) and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole With Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 87.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g