Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adopted. I have not tried this one yet. Honni Prep and time to make are a guesstimate.
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper, Crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, halved pitted
- Put the metal blade chopping in your food processor, then place the onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise, chili peppers and salt in the work bowl.
- Run the processor nonstop for 10 seconds.
- The onion should be minced, and the other ingredients blended together.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out large chunks of avocado into the work bowl.
- Clean out each avocado shell as thoroughly as possible.
- Distribute the chunks of avocado around the chopping blade of the food processor.
- Pulse process two or three times, until the mixture is churned, but lumpy (like cottage cheese).
This is delicious and I agree that it is great because you can use ingredients that you have on hand. It is not a traditional Guacamole but is more like a delicious advocado dip. I would definitely make it again!
Why would you want to add anything like mayo or sour cream? To me the basic / best "quac" is just: avocado(s), onion or shallot, tomato, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno or habanero and voila!
This recipe was great because uses pantry freindly ingredients and it tasted wonderful.All you need is the food processor. I love that you don't need sour cream which I never have on hand just mayonnaise it and its good.