Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
A quick recipe with a twist!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- salt, as needed
- In a small frying pan put 1 Tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for about 5 seconds. Remove from heat and set the mixture aside to cool.
- In a glass casserole dish or serving bowl put 3 peeled and pitted large avocadoes. Add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1 minced garlic clove, Mash well with a fork.
- Stir in 1 minced Serrano chili and salt to taste.
- Add the mustard and cumin seeds that were fried in oil and mix again.
- Chill in the fridge until serving time. Serve with pappadums or tortilla chips.
- Variations: Exchange the cumin seeds for ground cumin and add the cumin powder with the salt. Other items that can be added are: one small deseeded and finely chopped tomato, 1 Tablespoon beaten yogurt, and/or 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro (added with the salt).