A quick recipe with a twist!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small frying pan put 1 Tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have popped for about 5 seconds. Remove from heat and set the mixture aside to cool.
- 2In a glass casserole dish or serving bowl put 3 peeled and pitted large avocadoes. Add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1 minced garlic clove, Mash well with a fork.
- 3Stir in 1 minced Serrano chili and salt to taste.
- 4Add the mustard and cumin seeds that were fried in oil and mix again.
- 5Chill in the fridge until serving time. Serve with pappadums or tortilla chips.
- 6Variations: Exchange the cumin seeds for ground cumin and add the cumin powder with the salt. Other items that can be added are: one small deseeded and finely chopped tomato, 1 Tablespoon beaten yogurt, and/or 1 Tablespoon minced cilantro (added with the salt).
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole With Indian Spices
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g