Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious!
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ear of corn (fresh)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped** (not one can, 1 chipotle chile from the can)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Mash avocados with lime juice in medium bowl.
- Using sharp knife, remove corn kernels from cob and add to avocado mixture.
- Stir in tomato and green onions.
- Combine chipotle and sour cream in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Stir cream mixture into avocado mixture.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- This dip can be made up to four hours ahead of time. Place plastic wrap directly onto surface of guacamole and refrigerate (so it doesn't brown).
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- * I used one of those small cans of shoe peg corn for convenience. Obviously if you use canned corn, you skip step #2!
- **Chipotle chilies are dried, smoked jalapeños canned in adobo sauce. They are available at some supermarkets, at specialty foods stores, and at Latin markets.