1/1 Photo of Guacamole With Charred Jalapeno and Scallions
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in Food and Wine Magazine and sounds just enough different to give a try. To make ahead of time, press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a grill pan.
- 2In small bowl, toss scallions, garlic and jalapeno with the vegetable oil.
- 3Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until charred all over, 5-6 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a work surface and let cool.
- 5Finely chop scallions and jalapeno and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 6Peel the garlic cloves, mash them to a paste and add to the bowl.
- 7Scoop the avocado into the bowl and coarsely mash with a fork.
- 8Fold the cilantro and lime juice into the guacamole, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 10For a brighter, crunchier guacamole, finely chop the scallions, garlic and jalapeno and stir them in raw.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole With Charred Jalapeno and Scallions
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.9
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 600.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g