Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Adapted from a recipe I found in Reader's Digest, of all places. Prep time does not include the 8 hours for draining the yogurt.
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and set over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt, cover and refrigerate or 8 hours.
- Mix next 5 ingredients. Fold in yogurt and sour cream.
- Mash avocados with a potato masher. Sprinkle with lime juice. Fold into tomato mixture.