Recipe by COOKGIRl
I've been kicking around the idea of making an easy guacamole without dairy and came up with this as inspired by a recipe found on thecreativecaveman.com. I do like my guacamole smooth however but made an exception here and was pleasantly surprised by my laboratory experiment!
- 1 avocado (medium to large size)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream (start with 2 tablespoons then taste and adjust)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, very finely minced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- red onion, slivers
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep all your ingredients first except for the avocado.
- Peel and pit the avocado and place the flesh in a non-reactive bowl with the lime and lemon juice.
- Mash the avocado with the juices then stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste test.
- Garnish with red onion slivers and fresh cilantro. If not serving immediately, cover the top of the guacamole with a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Note: I find it best to prepare guacamole right before serving.