Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the 1994 Sunset Recipe Annual. It's by Marie Mitchell, and our family likes it with our sandwiches.
- 1 cup mixed colors dry spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, ends trimmed,cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- butter lettuce leaf, washed and crisped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and boil until JUST tender.
- Cool 5 minutes after draining.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 or 2-quart pan, bring 1/4 inch water to boil.
- Add beans and carrot; cover and simmer until tender crisp.
- Drain, cool.
- In a bowl, combine pasta, beans, and carrot, onion, oil, and 1 Tbsn of the lemon juice.
- Arrange in equal portions on lettuce leaves on 4 salad plates.
- Pit, peel and mash avacado with the remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon over plates.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.