Recipe by Chef Red Razor
Prepare to exchange whatever recipe you did have for this one. Quite simply it is epic in flavor and has not only been the called the "Best" by hundreds but I have have several offers of marriage from my fellow man after they tried it. I have always loved guacamole and I have made many many batches. This is one of the things in life I know I have done right. It takes some time and some love to make it but the reward is well worth it.
- 6 medium avocados, ripe (peeled, pitted and mashed)
- 4 roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped fine)
- 4 tomatillos (husked and quartered)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and fire roasted)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (I hand pick the most pungent bunch I can find)
- 1 dried New Mexico chile (seeded and cut into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl you should have the avocados mashed. Stir in tomatoes.
- Place the tomatillos and the jalapeños in a small food processor and mix until the tomatillos are at least 1/4 inch in size. Stir into avocado mixture.
- Add the lime juice, garlic cloves, cilantro and The New Mexico chile pod to the small food processor, blend for 35 seconds, stop, scrape down sides and blend for 15 more seconds or until everything is completely mixed. Add to avocado mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to avocado mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- If you can bear it, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Stir again before serving.
- Enjoy! :).