Recipe by Oolala
Posting this because it sounds interesting. It has dairy in it. It was on a sheet with a recipe I requested from my son's cooking teacher. It comes from a 1996 magazine. *Time does not include chilling time. This is a no-cook recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 1 large avocado, seeded, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes red hot pepper sauce, like Tabasco
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, half and half or light cream, avocado, salsa, cilantro, lemon juice, half of the green onion, salt, pepper, and bottled red peper sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Place half of the mixture in a blender container or food processor bowl.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth; repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
- Garnish with lime wedges, sour cream, chopped tomato, and remaining sliced green onion.