Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
A delicious cold soup with the same flavours as that famous Mexican dip, Guacamole. Most of these ingredients only need to be roughly chopped because the blender will be doing the rest. From Charmaine Solomon's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook.
Top Review by mliss29
Yummy! (I think I'll go have another bowl!) I used 1 tsp dried herbs for each of those, left out the sugar and wine, and used water instead of the stock. Very delicious! Thank you! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 scallions, including half the green tops, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cucumber, garlic, scallions, capsicum, herbs, vinegar, sugar, stock & half the chopped avocado into a food processor fitted with a steel blade (or put the ingredients straight into the serving bowl & use a hand-held blender with equal results & less dishes!).
- Blend well, then pour into a large serving bowl and add wine, salt, pepper, olive oil & diced tomato.
- From now on it must be stirred, not blended.
- Just before serving, toss the remaining avocado in the lemon juice, stir into the soup & serve with garlic croutons.