Recipe by Studentchef
I like this recipe because it is simple and easy to make. I've actually made the guacomole in advance, so that the flavours set in. This is good as part of a light supper, when some of your other recipes are just not ready yet, and you need an extra few minutes to wait.
Top Review by awalde
This appetizers came just at right moment!
I used whole grain toast and I crushed the fennel seeds with the mortar.
We loved it, and we think to prepare this during the holidays again! The fennel is a great change in the guacamole and fits perfect with the salmon. I couldn't expect a better combination.
I took this recipe for the colors (green and salmon), but we are really impressed about the taste and unusual combination with fennel. Thanks a lot for this great winner!
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 236.59 ml fresh tomato, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, grated
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced white onion
- 113.39 g smoked salmon
- 2 fennel seeds, finely crushed
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 8-10 slice French bread
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the avocados together. Add the chopped tomatoes, grated carrots, crushed fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Thinly butter each slice of French bread, and toast it in the oven for 2 minutes.
- After taking out the French bread slices, add one piece of smoked salmon to each slice.
- Top the French bread and salmon with one or two slices of white onion, as desired.
- Adding as a third layer of topping the tomato-avocado mix.
- Serve one or two per person.