I like this recipe because it is simple and easy to make. I've actually made the guacomole in advance, so that the flavours set in. This is good as part of a light supper, when some of your other recipes are just not ready yet, and you need an extra few minutes to wait.
- Mash the avocados together. Add the chopped tomatoes, grated carrots, crushed fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Thinly butter each slice of French bread, and toast it in the oven for 2 minutes.
- After taking out the French bread slices, add one piece of smoked salmon to each slice.
- Top the French bread and salmon with one or two slices of white onion, as desired.
- Adding as a third layer of topping the tomato-avocado mix.
- Serve one or two per person.