Recipe by cookiedog
I watched Ina make this on TV today and it looked so colorful I just have to try it. You may want to adjust the jalapeños to taste, add some mango, and if you are watching your calories- eliminate or reduce the olive oil.
Top Review by meanmom45
We love this salad at our house. I make it every couple of weeks. I saw this on Barefoot Contessa and it looked so good I made it the next day. It is very healthy. My daughters frielnds all ask for it and comment that they can't believe they eating it since they don't really like anything that is in it. They all love it. I usually divide it in half before adding the avacado and only add it to half since it doesn't keep. I then add the avacado to the other half a day or 2 later. Yummy!!!
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml small diced red onion
- 29.58 ml minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 2.46 ml freshly grated lime zest
- 59.14 ml freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeño peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Toss well.
- Just before you're ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad.
- Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.