Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
serve with burgers
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (2 peppers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
- Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
- Just before you're ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
I selected and made this recipe specifically for DH, as he LOVES avocados. Well, he was not disappointed. He loved this combination of vegetables and spice. I did not add the avocados to the mixture, but spooned the mixture over the avocados, as I did not think DH could eat the whole dish himself, and did not want the avocados to brown and ruin the dish. So DH will have another serving tomorrow with fresh avocado. Thanks BennyMade for a fantastic recipe. Into the KEEPER cookbook with this one. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.