1/4 Photos of Guacamole - Real Authentic Mexican "Guac"
Theresa in Chi-town's Note:
I am surprised how difficult it is to find a genuine guacamole recipe. No need for mayo or sour cream or all the other additives. This is the original, handed down generations, yet the most simple basic way to make Guacamole. I even make it better than my Mother in Law, which is a hard act to follow. :) Make this recipe and you will never go back. Hope you enjoy this like all my friends and family do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice avocados in half. Discard the seed. Scoop out of shell with a spoon. Place in bowl.
- 2Add juice of one fresh lime immediately to prevent browning. Use a fork and mash to desired consistency.
- 3Add chopped onions, tomato, and cilantro. Stir gently to mix ingredients.
- 4Add juice of second lime and then salt to taste. Stir just slightly, until incorporated.
- 5Add jalapeño to taste.
- 6Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for a dip, or use with your favorite Mexican dish.
- 7a side note: this is to make a chunky, yet creamy guacamole. Some people prefer to use a food processor with all the ingredients to make for a VERY creamy dip.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole - Real Authentic Mexican "Guac"
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g