Recipe by Sackville
These are great for a snack and very addictive. For a lower fat alternative, try cutting the potatoes in half, brushing them in a little olive oil and baking in the oven until crispy.
Top Review by canarygirl
These are great! I've had potato skins with cheese and guacamole before, but I think these are better! Why eat only the skins, when you can have the whole potato? :) The guacamole was very tasty too, the seasonings were perfect! I did add a couple of drops of tabasco too, but the cilantro is what makes it great! Thanks SG! :)
- 1 kg washed baby new potato
- salt and black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 limes
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 small red chili peppers or 1 -2 small green chili pepper, finely chopped and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the avocadoes and put in a bowl with the juice of one lime.
- Mash with a fork and then add in the tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic and coriander.
- Season with some salt and pepper, to taste.
- You now have guacamole.
- Squeeze some juice from the second lime over the top of the guacamole and cover the bowl tightly with clingfilm to stop it turning black.
- Split the new potatoes in half and then deep fry them in batches until really crusty.
- Drain on paper towel, then season them with salt and put in a serving bowl.
- Serve the hot potatoes with the zesty guacamole for dipping.