Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's a fast, no-cook appetizer. These make such a nice addition to the start of a meal, great at cocktail parties too! (cook time is actually chill time)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 serrano chilies, very finely diced
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Combine tomatoes, onion, chiles, and salt. Allow to marinate about 15 minutes.
- Split avocado in half. Remove seed, scoop out meat.
- Put in blender or processor. Add cilantro, vinegar, water and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add puree to tomato mixture and mix gently. Refrigerate before using. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Stuff mushrooms and serve.
- * The amount of finished mushrooms depend on the size of the mushroom. Try to get them equal in size.