Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A recipe from the blog Two Peas and Their Pods. It looks so amazing. I'm going to have to try it real soon.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- butter, for buttering bread
- To make the guacamole : Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add the chopped tomato and stir.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Spread desired amount of guacamole on both slices of bread then top with cheese. Butter outer slices of bread and grill on one side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip the sandwich and grill until golden brown. Make the other sandwich the same way and serve warm.
An agreeable marriage of the grilled cheese sandwich and fresh guacamole, which went quite nicely with Fire Roasted Tomato Soup! DH found it very satisfying and a nice change from both pain grilled cheese and our standard quesadillas. I made a minor change in that I used Colby Jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese, but no other changes made and DH liked that the guacamole was not too spice for his taste. Thank for the post.
wowowowow This is absolutely fantastic, unctuous and delicious. Enjoying every bite as I type.
YES YES YES!!!!!
What a fabulous sandwich...if you love guacamole and cheese...well...you're just going to go mad over this!!
It took just mouthful for DH to start raving about this, and I completely agree...they are totally delicious.
This would be great made with flour tortillas too,as a kind of quesadilla.
Well...what are you still doing reading this.....go make it!!!
Top of the class for you Boomie...a fantastic recipe, that I will be making again and again!
Made with pleasure for PRMR.