A recipe from the blog Two Peas and Their Pods. It looks so amazing. I'm going to have to try it real soon.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- butter, for buttering bread
- To make the guacamole : Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Add the chopped tomato and stir.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Spread desired amount of guacamole on both slices of bread then top with cheese. Butter outer slices of bread and grill on one side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip the sandwich and grill until golden brown. Make the other sandwich the same way and serve warm.