Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This easy recipe looks beautiful on a buffet table.
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the leaves at the bottom. Slice the bottom, if needed, so that the cauliflower sits flat.
- Place the whole cauliflower in a dutch oven or large soup kettle and fill with water.
- Add 1 teaspoons salt and bring water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the cauliflower is just tender.
- Remove cauliflower and let cool to room temperature.
- Pat dry and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- When ready to serve, remove the whole cauliflower and place it on a serving dish.
- "Frost" the cauliflower with the guacamole.
- If desired, stir some diced tomato into the guacamole before "frosting" or add the tomatoes at the end by placing them evenly on the guacamole covered cauliflower.
- This is especially pretty at Christmas time.
- To Serve: Slice into wedges.