Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different twist on an old favorite.
Make and share this Guacamole Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 15 large uncooked eggs
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (if you like the zip)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 medium-ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Place eggs in large saucepan, fill with cold water to cover eggs.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil 12 minutes, drain.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, combine onion, tomato and mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic salt and hot sauce.
- Add jalapeno if using.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place avocados in medium bowl and mash.
- Add 1/4 cup the the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Once eggs have cooled, peel shells.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk.
- Spoon or pipe guacamole into half the egg halves.
- With yolk, mash, add other remaining onion mixture.
- Spoon into other halve of egg yolk.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- I have also mashed the egg yolk and added to quacamole.
- Good that way also.