A different twist on an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 large uncooked eggs
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (if you like the zip)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 medium-ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1Place eggs in large saucepan, fill with cold water to cover eggs.
- 2Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 3Boil 12 minutes, drain.
- 4Rinse with cold water.
- 5Let cool to room temperature.
- 6In small bowl, combine onion, tomato and mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic salt and hot sauce.
- 7Add jalapeno if using.
- 8Mix until well combined.
- 9Place avocados in medium bowl and mash.
- 10Add 1/4 cup the the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- 11Once eggs have cooled, peel shells.
- 12Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk.
- 13Spoon or pipe guacamole into half the egg halves.
- 14With yolk, mash, add other remaining onion mixture.
- 15Spoon into other halve of egg yolk.
- 16Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 17I have also mashed the egg yolk and added to quacamole.
- 18Good that way also.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: