Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A different twist on an old favorite.
Make and share this Guacamole Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 15 large uncooked eggs
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (if you like the zip)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 medium-ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Place eggs in large saucepan, fill with cold water to cover eggs.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil 12 minutes, drain.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, combine onion, tomato and mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic salt and hot sauce.
- Add jalapeno if using.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place avocados in medium bowl and mash.
- Add 1/4 cup the the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Once eggs have cooled, peel shells.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk.
- Spoon or pipe guacamole into half the egg halves.
- With yolk, mash, add other remaining onion mixture.
- Spoon into other halve of egg yolk.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- I have also mashed the egg yolk and added to quacamole.
- Good that way also.
Great, I made these for a birthday party BBQ(we have lots of summer birthdays in my family)and they were gone in no time. I mashed the eggyolks in with the guacamole mix and used about 1/4 of a large vidalia onion and left out the tomatoe (I'm funny about where I like tomatoes). I also added some cumim and some chili powder to the guac,piped the filling in with a piping bag fitted with a large tip and then spinkled on some chopped chives when I had them all arranged in the dish. I also brought the leftover gaucomole filling to the party and everyone ate that with chips. Thanks for the great recipe.
These were so good, a neat twist on regular deviled eggs. I too added the yolk to the guacamole, and they turned out great. I also added just a smidge of cilantro, and it blended in wonderfully. I will make these again for sure!
I made these last week I did add the yolks to the guacamole, took them around to friends to get their opinions as I was making them for my daughters wedding,everyone loved them. The only problem was they turn dark overnite, so I couldn't use them for the wedding. But will make again when I can serve them on the same day. Thanks for posting.