Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This flavorful chicken salad is perfect for company.
SEASONED TORTILLA CHIPS
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt and curry powder; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each into four wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips.
This was an EXCELLENT HEALTHY salad! It was like salsa with chicken in it! I haven't had any chips since I started the South Beach Diet a few months ago and so this was a real treat. I made the chips with South Beach multi-grain wraps and they were sooo FLAVORFUL, CRISPY and SALTY GOOD! The salad was so REFRESHING and YUMMY with the chips. I made 2 servings. I added garlic salt, pepper, tabasco and cumin to the salad. Made for the Photo Tag game.
DH loves guacomole so we had to try this recipe. It is delicious! He especially liked the addition of cilantro. If he leaves me any, I may take the leftovers to work in a tortilla wrap with chopped jicama and lettuce for crunch and a dollop of sour cream. Thanks for a great recipe.
I am in love with this salad!!!! I made this to take to work to eat in a whole-grain tortilla. Yum-O! Quick, easy, tasty, AND healthy all in one little dish. Thanks! I will definately make this again!