Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe was found in the Taste of Home Summer Appetizers, 2009, & somehow it was tweaked to make it even better! Preparation time does not include the hour or so needed for the guacamole to chill in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Sharon123
I enjoyed eating this different, yet so tasty, guacamole. I did adjust the ingredients just a bit, adding more avocado, a tiny bit more green chile, garlic and lime juice. I also added pepper and a touch of salt. Very nice and a good way to get more veggies into my meals! Thanks for posting Syd! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup avocado, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green chili, drained, chopped (from a can)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the peas according to the directions on the package, then drain & place in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then cover & process until blended.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover & refrigerate for an hour or until chilled.
- Enjoy with large corn scoops or tortilla chips.