Recipe by dawnie2u
This is a tasty way to fix your regular old hamburgers. You can make it as spicy as you like by adding more chopped jalapenos to it, or substitute habaneros for a really zesty burger. It helps a lot if you have everything ready to assemble ahead of time.
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh salsa (or any kind you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, chopped (more or less, to taste, or optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (what ever you like to make burgers with)
- 4 English muffins (I use Thomas' split muffins)
- 4 slices cheese (if you want cheeseburgers) (optional)
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- 4 slices of ripe tomatoes
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve the avocados and scoop out the flesh, toss the skin and the pit. In a bowl, mash the avocado until it is still a bit chunky. Add the salsa, salt, minced garlic (if you are using it), and the cilantro and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. You want this to be sort of chunky, not creamy.
- Form the ground meat into four patties and grill until desired doneness.
- When the burgers are almost done, toast the English muffins on the grill or in a toaster.
- Then assemble the burgers in this order:.
- a half toasted English muffin, a burger, guacamole, onion slice, tomato slice, lettuce leaf, and muffin top.
- Pass around napkins because this can get messy.