Recipe by Susie in Texas
These make an attractive side dish or salad when serving Mexican cuisine. For parties, you can cluster the boats on a large platter and surround them with fresh tortilla chips for dipping. If you have your own favorite guacamole recipe, use it!! :-) I mainly posted this because it is quick and easy with a clever presentation.
- 7 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or lemon, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and remove seeds from avocados, then mash the avocados, leaving slightly chunky.
- Add next 4 ingredients and mix well.
- Chop one tomato into small pieces and add to avocado mixing well.
- Slice remaining 4 tomatoes in half, vertically, scooping out pulp and removing core.
- Spoon guacamole into each of the 8 tomato cups.
- Top each with a single,triangular, tortilla chip standing anchored in the mixture to form a sail for your"Guacamole Boat".