Recipe by Rinjii Flower
This "Best Ever" recipe is an amalgamation of every other Guacamole recipe I've tried. It's absolutely wonderful with tortillas or mixed with a can of salmon or tuna and spread on a sandwich. A perfect snack for when you don't want the oven on. It's so easy! I love it.
- 1 avocado
- 1 small onion (Red ones lend a nice colour to the dip)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 lime
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Frank's is the best)
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sumaq
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt (only if feta cheese is omitted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice the lime with a spoon so that you can scrape out some of the pulp into a bowl.
- Halve the avocado and pull out the stone.
- While it is still in it's shell cut it up with your juicing spoon.
- Scrape the flesh from the shell and add it to the bowl.
- If I intend to use the recipe with tuna or salmon I put feta cheese in the mix.
- If I'm using it as a dip I use salt instead.
- Add everything else and mix it up.