Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
- 4 Hass avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and small dice
- Pit avocados and remove flesh out of shells into a bowl. Add lemon juice, hot sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Slice through mixture with a sharp knife until finely diced. Add tomatoes.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning.
I love Ina Garten. This guac is so tasty! I left out the garlic and we didn't miss it. Very fresh tasting!
I always get compliments on the guacamole when I make this recipe. It's wonderful!
One word for this guac.... Addicting!!! We served with tortilla scoops and Fritos and we loved it! I especially loved the addition of the lemon instead of the lime. Very tasty indeed!