Recipe by Cooking at the Cottage
While shopping this summer, my daugter came to me with a package of marked down avocados. "Can we make Guacamole, Please?" Explaining that I did not have a recipe, she said not to worry, she made it once at her friend's house. Since my girlfriend and her husband were coming up the next day, and she knew how to make it I said fine and we picked them up. This is what we ended up with. We have made it a couple of times since and it always vanished pretty quick. It is great for the cottage or camping as it requires no more equipment that a bowl, spoon and knife. The flavours might blend together more if you chill it before serving, but they are usually digging into it while I am still making it.
Top Review by sheriboren
This was great tasting! It had just the right amount of everything in it. This didn't last long in the house, it was gone before I knew it. I really loved the story behind this Guacamole that you wrote about. Thanks Cooking at the Cottage....
- 4 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded (The amount of hot sauce or jalapeno depends on how hot you like it. This amount gives a nice kick.) or 3 -4 slices pickled peppers, chopped (The amount of hot sauce or jalapeno depends on how hot you like it. This amount gives a nice kick.) or 1 teaspoon frank hot sauce (The amount of hot sauce or jalapeno depends on how hot you like it. This amount gives a nice kick.)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve avocados, remove pits and scoop flesh into a large bowl.
- Squeeze juice of lime over immediately to prevent browning.
- Roughly mash the avocado with the back of a large spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- The mixture should be a little rough with chunks of avocado remaining.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.