Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe of fried tortillas. This version is topped with tangy guacamole mixed with goat cheese. A very nice recipe to change things up a bit.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 4 1/2 inch round corn tortillas
- 1 large avocado
- 1⁄4 lb firm goat cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt, to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or deep-fat fryer.
- When hot, deep-fry the tortillas for 2 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Alternatively, you can bake the tortillas for 20 minutes.
- Mash together the avocado and goat cheese.
- Add the onion, cumin seeds, lemon juice, hot sauce and seasoning.
- Top each tortilla with the guacamole, then a little yogurt.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top, to garnish.