Recipe by QueenBeesKitchen
I was asked to make guacamole for a party a few years ago, and at that time I had never made it before. So needless to say, like most people, I scoured the internet looking for recipes. I never really found “one” recipe that looked quite right so instead I decided to make up my own. Now this is a very basic, easy guacamole recipe, and with good reason: when you have fresh and flavorful ingredients, sometimes less is more, and you should just let what Mother Nature gives you shine…
Top Review by mama smurf
I cut the recipe in half but otherwise I followed the instructions. Delicious and so easy. I served this with some chips and used on recipe#53840#53840. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
- 4 Hass avocadoes, ripe
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove avocados from their skins by slicing entire fruit around the center length-wise and then twisting to separate.
- After removing the pit , use a spoon to get the flesh out of the skins and into the bowl.
- Add in the jalapeno, red onion and tomato.
- Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over everything.
- Using with a large fork or a potato masher, gently mash and mix all of the ingredients just until everything distributed evenly.
- Break out the tortilla chips and enjoy!