Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A small batch recipe adapted from SOL Cocina. A lovely balance of flavors, which is often tricky to achieve when it comes to making this quintessential avocado dip. Serve along side chips or can be used in Chips & Guacamole Grilled Cheese.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely diced white onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 serrano chili, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cored seeded and diced roma tomato
- Split and pit the avocado and mash the avocado flesh in a medium bowl with the lime juice and salt, using a potato masher or a fork. Do not use a blender or food processor. You want to keep the avocado slightly chunky, not make it soupy. Stir in the onion, cilantro, chile, and tomato. Let sit for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Holy guacamole...this is truly delish!
Made totally as written, including the essential chilli, this totally took me back to happy memories of Mexico...now .....where's my Margarita....?
I served this tonight on top of a chopped salad as a side to a Mexican theme dinner. DH and I I were little piggies as we ate the whole thing. It was very good and pretty much like I have made guacamole for years. The only change was a grated in red onion in lieu of white. Made for Aussie Swap.
Quick little guac, lets fresh ingredients really shine through and the perfect recipe when you only have one perfect avocado to work with! You could get fancier and add a few herbs or spices, but I enjoyed the simplicity of it.