Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 ripe avocados, preferably haas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Cut the avocados into quarters.
- Remove the seeds, peel and place in a mixing bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher or fork until chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine with a fork.
- Mound on a bed of shredded lettuce and garnish with sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the black pepper garnish.
- Serve immediately with mexican dishes, tortilla chips, or other dipping items.