Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a guacomole recipe that I cam up with and have perfected. It is always a hit and get asked for the recipe on all occassions. Really easy to make and tastes amazing.
- 4 Hass avocadoes
- half large onion, diced (red or white)
- 1 fresh jalapeno (you can also used jar jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 -2 fresh lime
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, diced
- 1⁄2-1 garlic clove, mashed (make sure they are very fine pieces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (for those that like spice)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Halve the avocados with a knife and peer open by pushing knife, then simpy put edge of knife on the seed press down slightly, twist and take out. Then remove skin ov avacado and mush them in a bowl, the consistency will depend on your own tastes.
- Mix in the Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Chili Powder, Cayenne, Cilantro, and sugar. Then squeeze half of the lime juice and mix well again.
- Then add the onions, tomatoes,jalapeno and mix well. Finally add the remaning lime juice and mix again. It is ready to eat right away.
- With any guacomole it will start turning color very quickly once left out, so if you want to avoid that from happening and slow down the process, cover it and put it in the fridge, and make sure to add a little bit more of lime juice as the acidity helps it keep fresh.
- Last tip, I make sure that all the materials are refrigerated in advance so that it is nice and cool when served.