Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Traditional Mexican dip that can be used as a topping or with chips.
Make and share this Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Halve avocados; remove fruit by running spoon next to skin; discard seed or save for other uses.
- Place avocado in bowl and mash with fork; immediately mix in lime juice, incorporating well.
- Mix in remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
We made this guacamole to serve with our fajita dinner on Sunday. Excellent! Love the tang the lime juice adds. I didn't change a thing...and won't! We'll be serving this often, thanks for the recipe!
This is just the best. I mashed the avocado but not too much so it would be a little chunky. The seasonings were perfect. I could just taste the cumin which I think makes everything better. Will use this one again as we eat Mexican food a lot. Thanks Sue ;-)
I think the amount of lime juice took away some of the avacado flavor you expect in a traditional guacamole. It left my mouth a little dry and tart more than the usual onion and garlic flavors I'd expect. I'd definitely add less lime next time I make it.