Recipe by Green Cuisine
This is the perfect guacamole. The amount of jalapeno peppers can be adjusted depending on taste. I find that 1/2 gives it enough kick for flavor that most people can tolerate. Use 1/4 of the pepper for a milder version or the whole thing if you really want to taste it. Be sure to use disposable latex gloves when chopping to prevent the oils from the pepper from getting on your hands.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, stems and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, freshly grated is best
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed, peel, cut in chunks and add to a flat bottom bowl or dish.
- Add onion, pepper, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper and mash together with a hand held potato masher or large fork until ingredients are well blended, but still chunky.
- Immediately cover with plastic wrap to prevent the avocados from turning brown from oxidation. The plastic should be covering the surface of the guacamole itself, not just the dish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Can be prepared a couple of hours in advance.