Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 1 medium fresh tomato
- 1 small chopped onion (makes about 1/3 C)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- Peel avocados and mash pulp, leaving a few small lumps throughout.
- Peel and chop tomato and add to mashed avocado. Add onion, lemon juice, salt, and chili powder to taste.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate in covered bowl, with avocado pits immersed in guacamole.
- Serve on lettuce as a salad, as a dip with tostado chips, or as a condiment to top taco fillings or nachos.
I made this guacamole for my DD because she loves it and no one else in my family really cared for it. We had dinner at my parents house and I took this, everyone loved it! I did not peel the tomato and added that to a bowl along with vidalia onions, lemon juice, salt, and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. In another bowl I mashed the avocado than added it to the tomato mixture. The only thing I will do different next time is use 1/2 teaspoon of salt instead of 1 teaspoon. This quacamole is wonderful....we served with tortilla chips.