Recipe by Gingerbee
Published originally from Gourmet magazine in 1983, is a great accompaniment to any mexican dish or to serve as a dip with nachos. Try it ...
Top Review by Derf
This came in very handy when unexpected quests stopped by, just happened to have an avacado in the fridge and very little else. Made it just as it says except for the corieander leaves, didn't have any so used fresh garden parsley.Served it with crackers and salsa, no left overs, so it was a success. Thanks for posting Gingerbee, it was a lifesaver and will use it again!!
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado, reserving the pit.
- In a ceramic or glass bowl, with a fork mash the avocado with the lemon juice.
- Stir in scallion, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add the reserved pit.
- Chill the guacamole, covered for 1 hour.
- Serve with salso, sour cream& chips.
- Add to your favorite mexican dish.